What is it?
An innovative new Pilates and balance-based surf workout.
Surfilates™ is an innovative new Pilates and balance-based surf workout that is done on a specially designed surfboard. Balance discs and weighted balls mimic the stability challenges that you find on a regular surfboard. The technique was designed to enhance surfing performance through Pilates principles, though it’s for anyone that wants to get a great core workout and improve their balance and posture.
Who is it for?
Everyone. Surfilates has been crafted to accommodate a variety of populations. If you can answer any of the following questions, Surfilates is for you:
- I (am/ would like to be/have thought of/ for a fleeting moment, once as a child, briefly considered becoming) a surfer and would like to enhance my surfing performance.
- I live in the urban jungle and would like to get in shape for my next trip out in that crazy place they call “outdoors.”
- I am a desk jockey and would enjoy riding something else besides my chair.
- My posture is more of a “missing link” than “Homo erectus”.
- I want a surfer’s body and determined to get it one way or another.
- I would prefer to “surf” in an environment where only the man eaters around are the cougars on the boards next to me.
And if you’re already a surfer, here’s how Surfilates can make you stronger:
- Do you get tired easily from paddling?
- Do you have a hard time getting up and balancing?
- Do you want a strong core and better endurance?
- Are you coming back from a surf injury ie: shoulder, lower back, knees?