Click here for updates and class times around San Diego
What is it?
An innovative new Pilates and balance-based surf workout
Surfilates™ is an innovative new Pilates and balance-based surf workout that is done on a specially designed surfboard. Balance discs and weighted balls mimic the stability challenges that you find on a regular surfboard. The technique was designed to enhance surfing performance through Pilates principles, though it’s for anyone that wants to get a great core workout and improve their balance and posture.
Who is it for?
Surfilates has been crafted to accommodate a variety of populations. If you can answer any of the following questions, Surfilates is for you:
- I (am/ would like to be/have thought of/ for a fleeting moment, once as a child, briefly considered becoming) a surfer and would like to enhance my surfing performance.
- I live in the urban jungle and would like to get in shape for my next trip out in that crazy place they call “outdoors.”
- I am a desk jockey and would enjoy riding something else besides my chair.
- My posture is more of a “missing link” than “Homo erectus”.
- I want a surfer’s body and determined to get it one way or another.
- I would prefer to “surf” in an environment where only the man eaters around are the cougars on the boards next to me.
And if you’re already a surfer, here’s how Surfilates can make you stronger:
- Do you get tired easily from paddling?
- Do you have a hard time getting up and balancing?
- Do you want a strong core and better endurance?
- Are you coming back from a surf injury ie: shoulder, lower back, knees?
Her classes stay fresh and tailored to individual needs. Kim can work with anyone from the skilled athlete to people with disabilities, and her extensive experience provides clients with comprehensive training in a regimented but fun and creative atmosphere.